Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Do you believe in love at first sight?

blue4ever

blue4ever

Morocco

Well, I do

What about you guys?

10:00 PM Jan 13 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

rooia

rooia

Iraq

yes i do ,i mean when somebody come to ask my hand every time i decide from the beging i mean from the first sight till now.

09:14 AM Jan 14 2007 |

Tabetha

Tabetha

Germany

Maybe it is, because I am a little bit older … I don´t believe in love at first sight.

For twice (only 2!) times in my life I met people, I liked at the first sight very much, they waked my interest during the first seconds. They are in my mind until now, although sometimes I did not see them for years.

But love – love is something so deep, so worldshaking for loving people at the beginning, and growing to a fundamental thing after years of battles, trial and error – it grows with the years and if you are one of the few people in world, who could share it for a long life, you will be a rich person.

I am sure, that there is one – only one – person for us all, which is the right one. Some of us meet him, some of us not. Sometimes you get the right one, but some accidents in life separates you.

I remember the words of an old woman, waked up from coma. She said, she saw "heaven", and there she found all people involved with their greatest love of all, they ever had in life. I don´t believe in heaven, but her story impressed me deeply. She lost her first husband, her great love, during the World War II. She married for a second time, but in heaven she said, she was beside her early lost husband. What a nice thinking … She was still waiting for death, coming some days later.

Have a peaceful day all over the world.

02:32 PM Jan 14 2007 |

deepbluesea_1001

Viet Nam

Oh, I believe it.

04:45 PM Jan 14 2007 |

*Stef*

*Stef*

Spain

yes,I believe!

03:26 PM Jan 23 2007 |

JoI

JoI

Belarus

No I don't belive because I don't believe in Love. Love is a weak moment when you can believe in every trifle.

01:41 AM Jan 24 2007 |

sherryleio

sherryleio

China

Hmmm, love at first sight, there must be something like that. Look at so many love poems, love novels and love movies, but I think maybe we should use FASCINATION to describe this feelings. It is one of our weakness that we are easily to be attracted to good-looking persons. We think THIS FASCINATION is LOVE, sometimes, this first attraction turns to real love, but most of times, it ends up with nothing.

Anyway, love is a feeling, so no matter it is a fascination or love at first sight, when it comes, enjoy it. But do take it slow, and give both of you enough time to tell you it is real love or not.  Take care, be well. Sherry

02:40 AM Jan 24 2007 |

halcaro

Colombia

Absolutelly! There are a lot of people o the air, just waiting for a sight.

04:48 PM Jan 26 2007 |

sulav

sulav

Iraq

hi ,no i dont believe love at first sight .bec i dont believe men …............

10:29 AM Feb 03 2007 |

mouna

mouna

Morocco

i don;t believe in the love at first sight ,beacause i believe in the proverb which say <<easy come easy go>>Smile

04:22 PM Feb 04 2007 |

wzy0210

China

i believe. it takes only one minute to get a crush on someone, an hour to like someone,a day to love someone---but it takes a lifetime to forget someone. i think most of open-mind person would believe the love at first sight.

08:18 AM Feb 05 2007 |